2011年10月27日星期四

Picking Out the Right Laptop

As students graduate from college, they are seemingly ready to take on the world and jump into the real working world. There will be new responsibilities and an entirely new life ahead of them. As friends and family of these graduates, it is our responsibility to assist them in any way possible to help them succeed.

Part of this contribution is the graduation gift. I always love to give big gifts to college graduates because I remember finishing school and thinking to myself “What was that all for?” I would have loved for someone to have capped off my collegiate career with a useful gift that would help set me up to achieve my career goals. My best friend recently graduated from college, and when it was time to choose a graduation gift, the first thing I thought of getting her was a new laptop.
I have purchased many laptops in the past, but with the speed at which technology advances today, I knew I needed some help picking out the right laptop for the new college grad! I brought along one of my son’s, who’s currently enrolled in online University courses, because he’s particularly suited to understanding the types of things a laptop should have in order to be an effective tool.

Here are the three most important tips she gave me:
1. Uses – Be sure to consider what the person is going to be using the computer for. Are they a graphic designer, a writer, or an artist? There are different computers designed to help professionals do their job more efficiently, and one computer might be built more for a graphic designer than for a teacher. With that said, make sure that the computer has the capabilities and design appropriate for the recipient’s line of work.
2. Size – With so many different sizes of laptops on the market, it can be difficult to decide on a particular one. If the graduate is going to be using the laptop for ordinary emails and office work, a normal 13” screen would be sufficient. However, if someone needs the computer for art work, managing multiple programs at a time, a larger screen, such as a 15” or 17” might be better. Again, this is something where you must consider their occupation and what they’ll be using it for.
3. Price – With the recent downturn of the economy, many people are struggling to get by each and every day. Laptops are not cheap, but they can be pretty affordable. You can even get a laptop for around $500-$600, but you could definitely spend over $2,000 as well if you got a top of the line model. Take a look at your finances and how much you are willing to spend, and then make your decision based upon that.

Overall, keep in mind that laptops are not “one size fits all” and there are a lot of different models for a reason. Don’t buy the first laptop you see, shop around and find the right laptop for your graduat

labtop batteries
laptop accessories

laptop charger

没有评论:

发表评论